An explosion in Austin wounded two men, thought to be in their 20s, authorities said, as Federal Bureau of Investigation agents rushed to the scene in the Texas capital, where earlier this month three parcel bombs killed two people.
Police told a press conference that the wounded men were taken to a hospital, but their injuries were not life threatening. Authorities also said Sunday night’s blast may have been triggered by a so-called ‘trip wire’.
“It is very possible that this device was a device that was activated by someone either handling, kicking, or coming in contact with a tripwire that activated the device,” Austin Police Chief Brian Manley told reporters early on Monday (March 19).
He also told people to stay in their homes and avoid touching any suspicious packages, but did not say whether there was any link between the latest blast and the earlier parcel bombs.