Ahmed, a 27-year old accountant had been living and working in New Zealand for about a year, a family member said.
The Foreign Ministry statement also said they were trying to determine whether three other Pakistanis who have been missing since the Friday (March 15) attack were among the fatalities.
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Islamabad said it is working closely with the Pakistan High Commission in Wellington, to assist the families of the victims in procuring visas if required, an repatriation of the bodies back to Pakistan at the earliest opportunity.
Twenty-eight-year-old Australian Brenton Harrison Tarrant, a suspected white supremacist, was charged with murder on Saturday after 50 people were killed and dozens wounded in mass shootings at two New Zealand mosques.
He is due back in court on April 5 and police said he was likely to face further charges.
Friday’s attack, which Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern labelled as terrorism, was the worst ever peacetime mass killing in New Zealand and the country had raised its security threat level to the highest.
(Production: Waseem Sattar, Sheree Sardar, Martin Veal)