By: Paige Hubbard
Fort Bend County Judge KP George announced that The Texas General Land Office (GLO) is currently accepting applications from Fort Bend County homeowners whose homes were impacted by Hurricane Harvey. Applications are anticipated to outnumber available funds, so apply quickly! If you paid out of pocket to repair your home during Hurricane Harvey, you may be eligible for some level of reimbursement.
The program provides assistance for the following:
- Repairing and rehabilitation homes
- Improving a damaged home so that it is stronger against natural disasters
- Elevating homes above flood level
- Temporary relocation assistance
There are three easy ways to apply for assistance
- Submit an application online at
– Potential applicants should review the Homeowner Assistance Program Checklist to have all applicable documents ready prior to applying.
- Download a paper application from the General Land Offices website, or
- Visit a Homeowner Assistance Office (the closest one is located at 1 Sugar Creek Center Blvd., Suite 200 in Sugar Land)
Additional inquiries about the program can be emailed to [email protected] or 1-844-893-8937