By: Paige Hubbard
Fort Bend County Judge KP George marks his 100th day serving as the County Judge of Fort Bend County. During his short tenure, he has made a number of accomplishments such as:
- Establishing the Office of Homeland Security & Emergency Management- By combining the Office of the Fire Marshal & Office of Emergency Management, emergency operations and chain of command are streamlined ensuring prompt response and action. Additionally, Fort Bend County taxpayers save a quarter million dollars per year by eliminating duplications in government functions.
- Expansion of Veteran Services- In partnership with Combined Arms, a comprehensive veteran resource organization will be providing veterans in Fort Bend County with jobs, mental health services, housing, and a number of other resources in a data-driven tech-friendly way. This partnership expands the scope of services for our vets and saves taxpayers $1 million over five years.
- Countywide Listening Tours- In the spirit of bringing County Government closer to the community, Fort Bend County Judge George has hosted a series of county-wide meetings dubbed the “Listening Tour” to engage Fort Bend County residents in constructive dialogue about Fort Bend County services and hear their concerns. Over 5,000 live viewers, hundreds of live participants, 150+ direct questions, and continuous customer service and engagement have occurred during this set of dialogue with community members.
- Global Business Initiative- Since January 1st and before, Fort Bend County Judge KP George has been working tirelessly on increasing the level of economic development in Fort Bend County. In that spirit, he launched the Fort Bend Global Business Initiative. The mission of the Global Business Initiative is to work with international companies and organizations to attract, foster, and grow businesses, and in the process, create new, well-paying jobs for Fort Bend County residents.
- Mental Health & Human Trafficking Taskforces – Acknowledging and taking a proactive measure, Fort Bend County Judge George has brought together every relevant party to the table to begin discussion of needs and gaps to address and battle these problematic plagues to our communities. By working together in a holistic, goal-oriented fashion, we are able to process both of these harmful issues
“Today marks my 100th day in office, and I am proud that my staff and I have worked diligently to create a stronger economy and a more efficient county government for our County residents. I am so grateful to the people of Fort Bend County for allowing me to serve them and take to heart every day the faith entrusted to me,” stated Fort Bend County Judge KP George.