HARRIS COUNTY, TX – Harris County Clerk Chris Hollins provided an update on Thursday from the NRG Arena regarding preparations for the upcoming election.
- Early voting begins on November 3, 2020.
- Hollins wants to ensure that every eligible voter can participate in the election safely due to the pandemic.
- October 13 – This will be the longest early voting period in TX history. Each voting location will remain open until 10 pm.
- 24-Hour Vote Centers (October 29): NRG Arena, Kashmere Gardens Multi-Service Center, McGovern Texas Medical Center Commons, East Harris County Activity Center, Tracy Gee Community Center, Juergen’s Hall Community Center, Victory Houston.
- 10 voting locations will offer drive-through voting. Option for all voters who do not want to wait in line.
- Safety – masks and face shields for workers, finger shields, plexiglass. Elections workers will not wear gloves but will wash/sanitize hands.
- Voting by mail – Ballots have been sent out to those eligible to vote from home. Every registered voter is encouraged to vote by mail if you are eligible. TEXAS is only one of 7 states that will NOT allow voters to cast a ballot by mail.
- The NRG Arena will serve as the headquarters for the 2020 Election.