Hurricane season is officially underway, so now is a great time to consider flood insurance for your home!
Here are the top 5 reasons you should consider getting flood insurance ASAP:
- Over the past four years, hurricanes and major storms have caused higher than average flooding. In the future, it’s reasonable to expect more of the same.
- While an inch of water in your home might not seem like a lot, it’s enough to cause over $25,000 worth of damage.
- In comparison to damage costs, paying for flood insurance is a small price.
- Flood insurance coverage protects things like electrical and plumbing systems, appliances, and detached garages that are damaged as a result of a flood.
- Flood insurance policies typically take 30 days to go into effect, so it’s important to take action as soon as possible.
For additional information regarding flood insurance visit here.
To learn more about what you can do as a Sugar Land resident to be prepared in case of an emergency, check out the City’s Emergency Preparedness Guide.
Content provided by the City of Sugar Land | Twitter: @SugarLandtxgov