HOUSTON, TX – The City of Houston Office of Business Opportunity brings you the Build Up Houston program, powered by Interise’s award-winning StreetWise ‘MBA’™ curriculum.
The program is offered to those who operate businesses in concessions, hospitality, food & beverage, and retail. Applications will open on Monday, Nov. 30 and the program will begin in Feb. 2021.
Participants will utilize an award-winning curriculum, receive mentorship from industry experts, and analyze real-world case studies — including their own businesses.
Basic Eligibility Requirements
- Applicant must be the owner or co-owner of the business.
- Business must be certified with the City of Houston
- (MWSBE, DBE, PDBE, ACDBE)
- Business operating a minimum of two years, three years preferred
- The business has a minimum of two employees
- The business has a minimum of $150,000 annual revenue
- Preferred business industries: hospitality, food & beverage, retail, construction