HOUSTON, TX – A freeze warning has been issued for several Houston-area counties.
The freeze will go into effect from midnight tonight to 8 a.m. Tuesday morning with temperatures dropping to the upper 20s for residents in North Houston and low 30s for other areas.
Temperatures could be the coldest since last February.
Counties that will be affected are Austin, Brazoria, Brazos, Burleson, Colorado, Fort Bend, Grimes, Harris, Houston, Jackson, Liberty, Madison, Matagorda, Montgomery, Liberty, Polk, San Jacinto, Trinity, Walker, Waller, Washington, and Wharton.
Check back for updates.
Tips For Freeze Warning
- Cover all frost/freeze-sensitive plants
- Spread mulch around plants/trees to retain warmth
- Bring in all outdoor pets
- Use personal heaters with precaution
- Protect your pipes. Open cabinets to allow warmer air circulation