Monday, August 2, 2021
No menu items!

100-year-old house catches fire on Fletcher street

HOUSTON – A heavy fire has left severe damage to a 100-year-old house in 2200 block of Fletcher Street.

Arriving HFD units say the single-story house was covered in smoke and flames when they arrived. It took nearly 15 minutes to get the bulk of the fire under control.

Four adults were inside the home at the time of the fire.  Fortunately, they all made it out safely before HFD unit’s arrival. 

Due to the extreme weather, HFD is working to determine if the fire was caused at least partially by heating units and a heavy power load on the electrical wiring.


Latest News

New York mandates COVID vaccine or testing for transport workers

The agencies overseeing New York's bridges, trains and seaports will require their workers to get the COVID-19...

‘I came here not playing games’ – Puerto Rico’s gold medallist Camacho-Quinn

Puerto Rico's Jasmine Camacho-Quinn capped a dazzling performance in the women's 100-metre hurdles in Tokyo with a gold medal on Monday (August...

Sky turns orange as Turkey wildfire rages

Plumes of orange smoke filled the skyline of Turkey's popular holiday resort area of Bodrum on Sunday (August 1) as firefighters battled...

NFL player goes wild cheering on wife at Olympics

David Blough, who plays for the Detroit Lions in the NFL, showed just how much he supports his wife, Melissa Gonzalez, when...

Belarusian athlete at Tokyo airport after being sent home for criticizing coaches

A Belarusian sprinter said she was taken to the airport against her wishes on Sunday (August 1) to board a flight back...

More Articles Like This